New Store Opening - Store Manager - Cologne, GermanyStore Manager
This is an amazing time to be joining the Urban Outfitters team in Europe. Currently we have 34 stores across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Denmark, Sweden, Germany and Belgium and will be rapidly expanding in the next 12-24 months.
This Summer we will be opening a store in Cologne. Our stores are interactive and dynamic because of our unique merchandise mix, the store environment and the diverse individuals of our store teams.
We are looking for a creative, hardworking motivated individual with store management experience in a high volume store. The ideal candidate will have a strong sense of fashion and the ability to achieve a store atmosphere that fosters creativity and empowerment.
To oversee the operations of the store and be strategic in short and long term planning. Assume total store accountability for sales, service, profitability and loss prevention. To achieve a store community that fosters creativity and inspires the Urban Outfitters customer. Ensure appropriate feedback and guidance is given in order to execute a high rate of succession and employee development. Participate in building community relationships that directly reflect the Urban culture. To uphold the Urban Outfitters “Peers Teaching Peers” philosophy.”
- Experience in a senior management role working in a fast paced, high volume fashion retail environment
- Uphold excellent VIBE and a service-orientated culture
- Ability to positively impact statistical results in sales, payroll and stock loss
- Proven record of developing talented individuals at the Department Manager level and above
- Can demonstrate the ability to identify problems and implement creative solutions (backroom, scheduling, organisation)
- An appreciation and some understanding of the Urban Outfitters culture and its appeal to the local market
- Strategically recruit, train and develop managers to increase the day to day productive of the business
- Develop Assistant Store Manager and high-level Department Managers to ensure that succession planning positively impacts the business
- Manage all aspects of performance development (Performance Appraisals, Individual Development Plans, Coaching and Counseling and Disciplinary actions)
- Uphold Company standards and act as a positive role model to others
Leadership and Communication
- Empower management to conduct and execute productive daily and department meetings by ensuring there is a comprehensive structure in place i.e. agenda
- Model the way for the store team by inspiring, motivating and encouraging teamwork
- Responsible for the roll-out of new training and operational initiatives
- Possess excellent communication skills in both written and verbal form
Managing the Environment
- Coach management to take the initiative as leaders to oversee all levels of customer service and by setting daily goals and expectations to create a positive store environment
- Exhibit excellent floor presence by training and coaching the store team on customer service, standards, product placement and time management
- Achieve Company-average mystery shop results by guiding the team to uphold the Company’s customer service standard
- Conduct walkthroughs with the Store Merchandising Manager and Department Managers on a regular basis with constructive feedback and obtainable goals
- Lead the team to perform all store-level operational procedures accurately and in a timely fashion, in accordance with all Company policies and procedures
- Achieve the store stock loss goals by training loss prevention awareness and overseeing adherence to loss prevention practices
- Develop and implement a functional shipment processing system to ensure that merchandise is placed promptly and the sales floor is fully stocked
- Possess excellent organisational skills and have the ability to plan, organise and execute projects by priority
- Assume total accountability for store Health & Safety by overseeing and upholding Company Health & Safety regulations at all times in order to protect employees and customers against accidents and incidents
Merchandising and Display
- In conjunction with the Store Merchandising Manager, facilitate a working relationship between the management and visual teams in order to enhance the store environment and efficiently execute all merchandising projects
- Coach others to understand and interpret current fashion trends in local markets in order to generate creative solutions
- Work with the Visual Merchandising Manager, Display artist and management team to ensure floor sets are well organised, schedules appropriately, cleanly executed and completed timely
- Lead the team to maximise store sales through analytical and creative management of merchandise from receipt to sales
- Assume total accountability for the store’s profitability and guide team members to utilise Company reports to react to trends and drive business
- Stay abreast of current trends and have a sound knowledge of customer profile by keeping up to date with external influences i.e. media and local community
- Manage stock levels appropriately (taking into consideration the store environment) through the understanding of relevant reports and market trends
- Demonstrate entrepreneurial skills to achieve and exceed store targets
Salary - On Application. Please note your current salary
Location - Cologne, Germany.
Please specify the position for which you are applying in the subject line and attach your CV.
We look forward to hearing from you.