New Store Opening - Display Artist -Camden,LondonDisplay Artist
At UO it’s our mission to help our customer express their individuality and connect with their interests, needs, passions and each other. Our distinctive store designs, unique lifestyle concept and the individuality of our teams offers a unique shopping environment for each of our valued friends and customers.
At UO we are determined to become bigger and better than ever! With 36 stores across the UK, and Europe, we have our eyes firmly set on global domination and have more of those legendary store openings up our sleeves, starting with our seriously awesome Camden store opening in July this year!!
We are recruiting for a Display Artist for our store opening in Camden,this July. Can you create a window display out of rubbish? Then this position might be good for you!
Our objective is to set the highest standard possible for visual excellence to create an environment that is creative, dynamic and entertaining for our customers
Candidates must have a strong artistic background including a fine arts, design or architectural background. A completed professional portfolio should be submitted if applicable. Display Artist candidates must also possess:
- Ability to develop three-dimensional work, installation capabilities, and possess excellent construction craftsmanship skills
- Experience with building and a proficiency in power tool usage
- Talent and interest in artwork, painting and paper hanging
PEERS TEACHING PEERS:
Urban Outfitters develops and remains creative by one person’s idea that is shared. Great ideas frequently come from the Display Artists in our stores; they are the foundation of the creative process and they are the pioneers in developing the Urban environment. It is essential that Display Artists share their ideas so that we as a company can continuously foster an environment of “peers teaching peers”.
Merchandising and Display
- Actively seek outside inspiration and apply personal talent to develop and contribute unique perspectives to the overall display concept
- Interpret Company direction and updates to ensure displays create an artistic, visionary and unique environment that has a positive impact on sales
- Ensure excellent craftsmanship throughout all windows and displays
- Utilise seasonal books to interpret the inspiration of the floor set by using knowledge of the customer and location while infusing personal artistic and cultural interests
- Promote the Urban philosophy of “peers teaching peers” by sharing skills and achievements as well as knowledge of contemporary art, music and culture
- Mentor staff by training visual expectations, operational standards and materials/tool management
- Identify and develop team members to assist in display projects and seasonal set-ups
Leadership and Communication
- Attend daily meetings and share inspiration, new ideas and pertinent information from the Home Office with the store team
- Communicate new inspiration to the Home Office through good idea sheets and photo layouts
- Consistently collaborate with the Store Merchandiser which results in innovative and timely project execution
Managing the Environment
- Efficiently utilise all display materials, including adaptations from recycled displays
- Keep work areas organised and clean, with an emphasis on customer and employee safety
- Ensure safety standards are upheld in the store in terms of displays and materials/tool management
- Maintain an organised display room, signage storage area and fixture room
Salary - On application. Please note your current salary when applying.
Location: Camden, London.
Please specify the position for which you are applying in the subject line and attach your CV.
We look forward to hearing from you.