Assistant Store Manager - GlasgowAssistant Store Manager - Stratford
This is an amazing time to be joining the Urban Outfitters team in Europe. With 36 stores across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Denmark, Sweden, Germany we are determined to become bigger and better than ever across the next 12-24 months.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Store Manager to join our Glasgow team. Our stores are interactive and dynamic because of our unique merchandise mix, the store environment and the diverse individuals of our store teams.
The ideal candidate must have strong management experience. We are looking for someone that has the ability to inspire a shared vision and deliver a store environment that caters to the customer and exceeds their expectations. They will have the ability to think outside of the box and develop a team who are representative of our core values.
- Upholding excellent VIBE and a service-orientated culture
- Ability to positively impact statistical results in sales, payroll and stock loss
- Proven record of developing talented individuals at Department Manager level
- Can demonstrate the ability to identify problems and implement creative solutions (back of house, scheduling, organisation)
- An appreciation and understanding of the Urban Outfitters culture and its appeal to the local market
- Recruit, train and develop managers to increase the day to day productive of the business
- Assist with the development of Department Managers to ensure that succession planning succession planning for the future growth of the business
- Manage aspects of performance development (Performance Appraisals, Individual Development Plans, Coaching and Counseling and Disciplinary actions) for a productive and successful workforce
- Uphold Company standards and act as a positive role model to others
Leadership and Communication
- Ensure Department Managers conduct and execute productive daily and department meetings
- Model the way for the store team and inspires a shared vision
- Assist and participant with the roll-out of new training and operational initiatives
- Possess excellent communication skills in both written and verbal form
Managing the Environment
- Coach management to take the initiative as leaders to oversee all levels of customer service and by setting daily goals and expectations to create a positive store environment
- Exhibit excellent floor presence by training and coaching the store team on customer service, standards, product placement and time management
- Achieve Company-average mystery shop results by guiding the team to uphold the Company’s customer service standard
- In the absence of the Store Manager conduct walkthroughs with the Visual Merchandising Manager and Department Managers on a regular basis with constructive feedback and obtainable goals
- Guide the team to perform all store-level operational procedures accurately and in a timely fashion, in accordance with all Company policies and procedures
- Achieve the store stock loss goals by training loss prevention awareness and overseeing adherence to loss prevention practices
- Participant in a functional shipment processing system to ensure that merchandise is placed promptly and the sales floor is fully stocked
- Possess excellent organisational skills and have the ability to plan, organise and execute projects by priority
- Assist in upholding Company Health & Safety procedures at all times in order to protect employees and customers against accidents and incidents
Merchandising and Display
- Facilitate communication between the management and creative team in order to enhance the store environment and efficiently execute all merchandising projects
- Coach others to understand and interpret current fashion trends in local markets in order to generate creative solutions
- Ensure floor sets are well organised, schedules appropriately, cleanly executed and completed timely
- Assist Store Manager to maximise store sales through analytical and creative management of merchandise from receipt to sales
- Exhibit a sound understanding of the store’s profitability and guide team members to utilise Company reports to react to trends and drive business
- Stay abreast of current trends and have a sound knowledge of customer profile by keeping up to date with external influences i.e. media and local community
- Manage stock levels appropriately (taking into consideration the store environment) through the understanding of relevant reports and market trends
- Demonstrate entrepreneurial skills to achieve and exceed store targets
Salary: On application. Please note your current salary when applying.
Please specify the position for which you are applying in the subject line and attach your CV.
We look forward to hearing from you.